Have questions about the Sunshine Trolley? Look no further!
What is Medicine Hat’s Sunshine Trolley?
The Sunshine Trolley is one of the most unique ways to see Medicine Hat. The trolley runs every Wednesday through Saturday. The trolley picks riders up at the Visitor Information Centre and goes past the Saamis Tepee, to Historic Downtown, to Medalta for a stop and then finally to Police Point Park. After the park, riders are taken back to the information centre.
What Should I expect?
The Sunshine Trolley makes stops at the local sites of significance identified in the schedule. Click here for a breakdown of Trolley stops and loop timing.
Each rider will be offered a printed guide that describes the sites with detail. Further information can be found within our Experience Medicine Hat guide available in printed or online versions.
At present the Sunshine Trolley does not offer spoken guided interpretation during regular loops. We’ve left you more time to chat with your family/friends and others along for the ride. As always, if you have comments or questions that might arise while you are aboard — feel free to walk in and chat with a Travel Counselor at the Visitor Information Centre, or to reach out to us online — contact information is available at our website.
I need a bathroom break! Help?!
We welcome all Sunshine Trolley riders to use the public bathrooms at the Visitor Information Centre before boarding. The bathrooms are open 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. every day the trolley operates.
The Trolley makes stops at the Esplanade, Medalta and Police Point Park. Let your driver know you need to run inside and they will make it happen. Note: The Esplanade does not open until noon. If downtown before then, check and see if the Medicine Hat Public Library is open.
What make/model is the Sunshine Trolley?
Medicine Hat’s Sunshine Trolley is a 1985 Ford. It was purchased in 2018 from a private seller in Drumheller.
How many seats are on the trolley?
There are 16 bench-style seats on the Sunshine Trolley, meaning we can fit 32 people. Due to the ongoing health crisis, we are limiting seating to 16 people, or half capacity.
A ride on Medicine Hat’s Sunshine Trolley is a unique way to see some of Medicine Hat’s favourite spots. Whether you call Medicine Hat home or are just visiting, the trolley is a fun and efficient way to see a few gems in our city.
Where can I get tickets?
Tickets for Medicine Hat’s Sunshine Trolley are sold through Tixx.ca and can be purchased at this direct link can be found here.
How does buying tickets work?
- Go to buy.tixx.ca/SunshineTrolley2021
- Scroll to the calendar, select the day you wish to ride and then select which loop you would like to ride.
- Once passed the captcha authentication, you will be faced with two options: Adult and Child tickets.
- Select the exact number of tickets you want. Remember, kids 12 and under ride for free.
- Tickets are general admission. This means seats are no longer assigned. Please sit with any cohort members and be respectful of the space of others.
- Click “Reserve Selected Tickets” to proceed.
- Once in the cart, if not done already, change any children’s seats to $0 for anyone 12 and under.
- Click “Proceed To Checkout.”
- People can either check out with a Tixx account or a Facebook account. If you do not have a Tixx account, click “Create Account.”
- Pay for tickets and have them delivered to an email address or phone number that you have easy access to.
- Tickets can be printed, or saved to a phone and shown to the driver.
- Any questions about the Tixx platform can be answered by calling 403-502-8777.
- Happy riding!
Can I buy tickets with cash?
Tickets cannot be purchased with cash at the Visitor Information Centre, or at the Trolley before it leaves. Due to seating capacity limits, last-minute ticket purchases are often not possible. We do not want people showing up to the Visitor Information Centre with cash for a trolley ride that is sold out.
Tickets can be bought with cash at the Esplanade during business hours.
Who drives the Sunshine Trolley?
Our good friends at Prairie Sprinter make drivers available to operate the trolley during the week, and for private events. Say hi to Natalie, Isabel, Melissa, Sarah and Ace!
Can I book the Sunshine Trolley for a private event?
Yes you can! We do our best to work with individuals/organizations to book the Sunshine Trolley for their events. Give Prairie Sprinter a call to get details sorted out! They can be reached at 403-487-1312 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org