The Sunshine Trolley is the best way to see Medicine Hat in the summer!
Hop on-board Medicine Hat’s Sunshine Trolley and explore Canada’s sunniest city with a ticket. With your pass, you’ll get one ride around the city to see just a few of the many historic and cultural landmarks.
The ride starts at the Visitor Information Centre and riders stop just minutes later at the Saamis Tepee. After learning a bit about the landmark and the city’s Indigenous Heritage, take a ride downtown to see all of the city’s locally-owned shops, the Esplanade and much more. Next up is Medalta and the Historic Clay District, a key piece of the area’s history. The final stop before returning to the Visitor Centre is Police Point Park, home to beautiful landscapes and trails.
Each stop will allow riders to get out, see a bit of the area and grab a selfie. Feel free to tag us on any social media platform by using the hashtag #myMHsummer.
We take great care to ensure the Sunshine Trolley is always in tip-top shape. Occasionally we run-into unscheduled maintenance needs. This doesn’t happen often, but when it does, your safety is our priority!
Adult pass: $10
Children 12 years and under ride free! (Please note children must be accompanied by an adult)
2. Book your seat
Each ticket is good for one loop around the city! To facilitate safe social distancing we have changed our seat booking process.
Booking an individual (single) seat for yourself?
- Select your seat. Seats are grouped by bench. One bench has room for two seats. When you select your seat, you are automatically assigned a bench with two seats.
- Pick the seat you want and select "child" for the extra (empty) seat on the bench. Individual passengers get a full bench (two seats) to themselves, yay for extra travel room!
Booking multiple seats for your cohort or family?
- Seats are grouped by bench. One bench has room for two seats. When you select your seat, you are automatically assigned a bench with two seats. Select your seats as needed.
- If you have an uneven number of people in your cohort or family, select "child" for the extra (empty) seat on the bench.
3. Pre-book your tours
- The Esplanade is open Tuesday through Saturday from noon to 5 p.m.
- Starting July 1, Medalta is open Tuesday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Not sure what to do or where to go?
See our Experience Guide for all things Medicine Hat and area! Be sure to consult the Sunshine Trolley Schedule below for pick-up and drop-off times and locations!
Start your ride at the Visitor Information Centre. We offer free daily vehicle and RV parking.
Sunshine Trolley Schedule
The Sunshine Trolley runs Wednesday to Saturday every week through summer!
10:00 am Depart Visitor Centre
10:05 am Depart Saamis Tepee
10:30 am Depart Downtown from the Esplanade
10:45 am Depart Medalta
11:10 am Depart Police Point Park
11:40 am Arrive at Visitor Centre
11:55 am Depart Visitor Centre
12:00 pm Depart Saamis Tepee
12:25 pm Depart Downtown from the Esplanade
12:40 pm Depart Medalta
1:05 pm Depart Police Point Park
1:35 pm Arrive at Visitor Centre
1:50 pm Depart Visitor Centre
1:55 pm Depart Saamis Tepee
2:20 pm Depart Downtown from the Esplanade
2:35 pm Depart Medalta
3 pm Depart Police Point Park
3:30 pm Arrive at Visitor Centre